Originally Posted By: Stan
So, now we're back to where we began, a pattern board.

Why make it so hard? Go to a pattern board/grease plate right off the bat and see where the gun is shooting ......... instead of guessing by shooting at the water, and plowed dirt.

Cuz right off the bat, I don't have access to one. I made the original post immediately after coming home with a gun that really surprised the heck out of me and I was just wanting to share my experience and see what others might have to say about upward bent barrels that seem to shoot so well, especially given my predilection towards not fully mounting the gun when I shoot sometimes. I am still astounded that a gun with barrels bent like this shoots anywhere close to well. I've never heard oof such things and it seems that few to none here have seen this done in a significant degree. It certainly is new to me.

Quote:
"I don't keep a grease plate in my backyard for this purpose like all of you, but I'll set up some butcher paper on a frame and see what happens."

Don't know if that was some kind of a "poke" or not, but you don't have to have one in your "backyard" to have access to one. And, the paper works just as good, just a whole lot slower.

SRH

Don't read too much into it. I can shoot on my property, but I don't have this set up at moments notice. The local range has a pattern board, but it is not accessible when the middle trap house is in use - which is most of the time, including last Wednesday. I'll get it done, and I'll let you know what I find.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]