I never use it for gun springs. I did use it for a leather punch tool that had a coil spring, it didn't cause any problems. Nice thing about barrels is that it removes bluing. What it results in is a black powder type coating, similar to after boiling, that is wiped off. For bores, suspending the anode (thin rebar) with rubber bushings so it doesn't contact the tube is easy. I ended up with a large plastic marine cooler as my tank because it's long enough for tubes. I can fit about anything into it, and the anode framework is made of rebar with extra junk lawnmower blades welded onto it to provide more surface area. Any DC power source will work, but if using a battery charger you need a manual one that provides a steady current.

You can quickly accumulate an extensive collection of files using this. Rusty files are usually very cheap at flea markets. Just remove the wooden handle before tanking them.

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 04/21/17 11:39 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.