I'm not worried about the barrels. I'm rather liking them. But they seem to be shooting in a direction (down) that is the opposite of what I anticipated. Yes, I need to pattern them. I don't keep a grease plate in my backyard for this purpose like all of you, but I'll set up some butcher paper on a frame and see what happens.

BTW, for sure the barrels bend. It is not just the rib, which was my first thought. It is quite visible when looking in the bores.

I don't think the comb is too high. If it was, the recoil would crack me on the zygomatic arch and that doesn't happen, though it is a problem with some rifles in certain situations.

Anyway, it is interesting that it shoots as well as it does when I think it should be much worse. I'm happy that it does, and I'll shoot it a few more times before I make any final decisions on its fate, but right now, it seems more than worthy of restocking, and maybe even engraving a Godwit or two on the action. It definitely has potential for pheasants and quail.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]