Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Dr. Jones also theorizes that there must be a lot of single pellet breaks when shooters go 100 straight at skeet. Which has always led me to believe that he's spent more time by far on a computer than he has walking around a skeet field and picking up unbroken targets that have at least one hole.

That's where he loses credibility with me. I'm sure we all get a single pellet break occasionally. I'm also sure we have birds scored lost that have multiple pellet holes through them. I've walked the course and picked up too many with three holes through them, and not a single chip gone. They are really easy to find, it doesn't take much looking to find them. I hate to lose a bird like that, which is one reason I favor tight chokes. When no chips come off a bird because the whole thing floats away in a cloud of dust ............ that's the kind of "break" I like. There are random pellets on the fringe even with tight chokes, too, but the density is greater and the possibility of a bird escaping with a single hole or two is reduced, IMO. Opponents to tight chokes will argue that by doing so the overall chances of hitting the bird are reduced. To that I say ......... not for me, or many others who are much better than me.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.