A DS Grade with all of those G grade feature is another variation I have never seen. I can understand why you might regret letting it get away from you. I have a couple of the seldom seen DS Grades that are identical to H Grade Twist barreled guns, other than the grade stamp. This would also include LAC buttplates, and capped pistol grip stocks. But there is no reason to believe they were assembled that way by Ithaca from H grade parts.

I also agree with KY Jon that it is unlikely they ever had a large inventory of unsold guns on hand, or a large inventory of unfinished parts for that matter. This was a company that was having enough recurring financial problems that Dan Lefever was forced to take on investors and relinquish control to the Durston family. Shortages of parts probably led to many of the variations we see, when parts intended for a higher grade were used to complete an order. It is for this reason that I also agree with Miller and Nudge that far too many guns are attributed to Ithaca production just because they have some unusual features. I think it's absurd to believe that the Durstons had several years worth of unfinished parts on hand when they sold the Lefever name, equipment and the inventory to Ithaca. They were obviously more interested in ramping up production of automotive gears and transmissions than in expanding production of shotguns. But I have no more to back up that statement than those who continue to insist that Ithaca built a large percentage of the Syracuse Lefever type guns.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.