Besides buying a dent remover, to do a good job you'll probably want a series of gauge pins to totally remove and "iron out" the dent. And... to determine the exact diameter needed for the pins you'll need to buy or borrow a deep reaching bore gauge to get the bore size along the entire bore, then have them made up at a machine shop in a series of increasing diameters. Alternately you might be able to buy pins from Brownells or elsewhere but I haven't had good luck getting exactly what I need. So I usually get them made up in .001" increments starting .003" under the bore size. This can be a labor of love or a wallet squeezer, depending on how you want to look at it. Case in point, after working on barrels (as a hobbyist, I'm not in the biz) for a few years now, my series of gauge pins for 12 gauge starts at .725" and goes to .736". If you have the gauge pins made from something like 4140 steel and finely finished you'll have some bucks in 3 of them for your 16 gauge.

Net, if I only had one barrel with a dent or two I think it's more cost effective to send the barrels to a professional and have him or her take the dent(s) out. On the other hand if you like 16 gauges and use them pretty much exclusively, maybe the cost would be justified. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.