This may not be appropriate for a forum on "fine firearms," but I've always wondered about it.

I know you can make a single shot rifle out of a decent (i.e. steel framed) single shot shotgun since I had once a Savage Model 220 16 guage hammerless single that had a wrecked bore and a gunsmith in upstate NYS lined it to the not-very-wildcat .35-30 for shooting cast bullets. Worked fine.

I have seen ads in "Rifle" and elsewhere for a DIY book on how to convert double shotguns to double rifles and have seen a few examples of those at gunshows (there's a DEE-luxe one in the May "Rifle" but it is beyond many of us to provide the original fine double let alone pay for the exacting work of making an extra set of .500 double rifle barrels for it!).

But is there anyone out there who, given a decent Savage 220 or 219 or other steel single and an extra barrel of the same model, would make the extra barrel into a monoblock and silver solder (or some other method) a Green Mountain or other maker's barrel blank in an appropriate caliber onto/into it for a modest hammerless stalking rifle/shotgun combo?