Following from Williams Evans - this letter is communicating the original handwritten entries on the gun in the company books (photo-copies of which were forwarded as well). It seems odd that all six guns were ordered by "J. Wakefield" yet this one was sold to "Jacob Wakefield." Wonder if he were a dealer and just kept this one for himself? (but perhaps when Wm Evans mentioned that the "guns" were ordered...they misspoke? I can't quite read the turn of the century handwriting.)

The Best leather case, however was ordered hand labeled for "W. H. Wakefield"; it cost all of 2.17 lbs. I wonder if the gun were a present, perhaps for Jacob Wakefield's son, which might explain the stock extension later on? (The WHW label is missing from the case now).

Also trying to figure out how the gun could include trade-in value for Wm Evans #6050?? - unless he had ordered 6050 and in the 3 years wait for 5210, just abandoned his 20 lb deposit?

There is nothing about silver or cast off or special orders. Curious. I thought there might be more. Still, since the gun is an heirloom now, it's nice documentation to have.

Last edited by Argo44; 03/27/17 10:23 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch