Well, it is a Frstenkrone. What you should have in mind is, that the Nobility normally doesn't use their title (i.e. Prince) for their personal monogram. They only use for example W.L. for Wenzel Liechtenstein or Wenzel Lobkowitz. These are two of only three existing Austrian Frsten families whos name begins with "L". 1. Liechtenstein, 2. Lobkowitz, 3. Lubomirski and 4. Lamberg. So, if the owner of the Mannlicher was an Austrian, he was a member of one of these four families. If he or her(!) was a german, there is another alternative, the Lippe family.

Now we have to find a member of one of these families with it's prename starting with a "P" who lived about the turn of the 19th to 20th century. And this is the point, where the difficulties begin....

I cannot really find a male who fits. But looking at the post, I see that Grouse Guy speaks about a shortened LOP, so we have to think about a woman as well. Of course in those times it was unusual, but in nobel families it was not impossible.

Let's go on with our search!

Cheers,
Gunwolf