This is the last gun I own that was in a blind, of any sort:

I did not bring it to the blind. It went to Canada, with a rather strapping young man, who had recently completed his hunter safety training, and had been invited there by a relative. Said young man had a wonderful time and trip that there is no way his single Mother parent could have provided. The gun and ammunition for the trip were on me.
The gun was used for duck and goose hunting. It slept in the duckboat, or, on a nail pounded into the exterior of the cabin if it was raining or snowing.
For those that question how it worked, know this-the trigger group was tuned by a Marine Corps amourer, and it wears a fixed modified choke replacement barrel, and a Wolf Creek powdered metal safety. The amourer told me that when the chips are down, it would be tough to find something better to trust to work. Not sure I'll ever be in a place where the chips might be down enough to contemplate that, but, hey, the gun works really, really well.

I don't doubt him. Kid had the time of his life, by the way.

The gun with the recently fitted ebony buttplate in the photos above is a V19 Darne in 28 gauge. There MIGHT be an individual out there who believes it should be used in a duck blind in Canada, but, I am not that guy. It has different uses, for a bunch of different reasons, that I'll not get into, here, but, I will say I try to use it in a manor it is best suited for. It wouldn't be in a blind, anywhere, while I own it.

I have guns I could use in a duck boat. But, I don't fit them with ebony, horn, or leather covered pads. I'm not wealthy enough for that. One of my failings as a human is, I like things to work to the max, and, when we were handed steel shot in the early 1980s, and told it wouldn't work as well as lead, but, tough shit, I quit waterfowl completely. Well, that, and my Mom had a perfectly capable Irish Setter that was being left at home when Dad hunted ducks, but, I digress.

I have less money into the blind use pump gun, than I have into the checkered ebony buttplate for the Darne.

Best,
Ted