Originally Posted By: Nudge
Bonny,

WOW. I guess we all read what we want to read...not necessarily what is written.

Never, not once, in any comment that I made, did I suggest that American anything is necessarily superior to anything. My point in taking on the Euro-phile perspective was simply to state that the very best of what America made in the golden age of shotguns was every bit the equal of the very best of what was made 'over there.' Did we make as many? No. But I don't think that matters.

Did the "average" quality of things measure? I dunno...I wasn't getting into that. Low and average quality ANYTHING that is foreign usually doesn't make it to ANY country's shores, precisely because of the cost + tariffs. (Or at least...prior to NAFTA and China entering the WTO, this was the case. Thank you Bill Clinton.)

British falling block rifles might be every bit the equal to American designs. And I'm not asserting that the working class is inherently "noble" -- I detest such generalizations. The conversation was simply about the aesthetic which prompted the English best gun design. Good for them if their hands never got dirty!

Anything else you, or anyone else want to "think" you read in my comments...are nothing more than a construct of your own willful misinterpretation. Or lack of reading comprehension.

- Nudge

Sorry nudge, but its an attitude that i have come across on a few American based forums, especially ones dealing mainly with older and classic firearms. I accept It was my misreading and not the point you were making.