Damascus and Gunman,
Do not fret, the various names of parts are quite small details, this time around. Thank you very much for the photos, article, descriptions, and commentary, it is most welcomed here, where, they were sold, but, not built.
There really isn't anyone to cover this information, the way you have, on this side of the pond. Thanks again.
My question per the integral striker/tumblers was partly based on the fact that earlier Webley models did have disc set strikers, and I would expect the tooling and jigs would have been well sorted out by the time of the appearance of the 700, and shouldn't have added to the cost as much as starting from scratch. The striker/tumbler isn't a part that fails often, but, that fact was poor comfort for two hunter friends of mine who lost the use of their 700s for the rest of the season, and, the repair is not a trivial one, as noted.
I own a Spanish gun fitted with the disc set strikers, and, owing to the scarcity of good, qualified, double gun 'smiths in my part of the world, consider them an excellent option for a serious field gun.

Best,
Ted