Originally Posted By: kirkp
Found something tonight that might be of interest. I was messing around with the gun checking how far off face it was. I got to thinking about using the proper shells in the gun and how the depth of the chamber can influence this. Got me curious so thought I'd measure chamber length but as it turns out there isn't one. What I'm saying is that it wasn't bored out. Anyone ever seen anything like that?
Kirk

How do you know it wasn't bored out? Have you tried chambering a shell, and found that it didn't fit? Is the breech end inside diameter of the barrels the same diameter as that of the bores? Or is there no recess for the rim of the shell? Or is it simply that you cannot see a step at the end of the chamber which might indicate that the forcing cone has been reamed out to a very gradual taper?

If it is the latter, you may want to get those barrels measured for thickness at the end of the chambers before you bother with all the work of restocking the gun.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.