Originally Posted By: Eric 375
Stan, you are a very lucky guy! I have 2 of Mr. Schillinger's beautiful locks. They are simply the best percussion locks I have ever seen. Every part made of the finest material and polished to the highest degree. Fitted perfectly and they deserve to be mounted on the best gun possible. One is for a 1 inch barrel and the other is for a 1&1/8 inch barrel. I bought them 40 years ago and still have not seen any better. His triggers and rifle sights were also of the highest possible finish. That "old man" could really make something!

They are really fine locks, Eric. I have two of them, also. But, I have one other percussion lock that may well be built to a higher level of precision, though not as highly polished. It is a custom lock built by Bob Roller. It took me a half hour on the phone to convince him to build me one, many many years ago. Absolutely awesome, and a bit quicker lock time than the Schillinger, IMO. This particular Schillinger is on a 1 1/8" Douglas XX barreled, 13.9 lb. .45 cal. buffalo gun. It has shot 5/8" groups at 100 yds. Thanks for the comments.

Good luck with the stocking, kirkp. Please take pics and keep us posted along the way.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.