I went to work striking down the rough turned barrels and getting them evened out so that there is no waviness in them when looking down the barrel set. This was much more easily done without the top rib on it. I also installed an additional block in-between the tubes for additional support in affixing a screw-on sling swivel mount.

I then started doing some initial machining on the top rib. I brought the quarter rib down to near level with the existing rib extension on the barrels. And did some profiling work on the front ramp to make it more attractive.
I will end up machining the quarter rib to directly accept a set of talley rings. And use a rear express sight as the recoil lug for them. Like Mr. Hynden liked to do. The photo below shows the initial mockup with a Leupold 1-4. But I am going to end up going with a Redfield Widefield 1-3/4 - 5x.

In it's current mocked up state with the Redfield scope it weighs 9 lbs. Not sure if there is any way to get the weight down any more than that. But that is not bad in my mind. I will end up restocking the gun and completely go over all finishes when said and done. Next task is finishing the machining of the top rib and get it soldered on.

Thanks for looking. I will update this thread as I can.

B.Dudley