Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Raimey, I am a bit lost on the Daly numbers, etc. , but here is what I see here. All marked Daly

Hammerless Guns
#245. 12 ga. Daly Diamond Grade, Deeley and Edge forend, pistols and crown, also H.A.L. 538 or 588 or similar

Hammer Guns
T.Golcher, 12, #2163, Deeley and Edge, pistols and crown
Overbaugh, 12 , #3744, Deeley and Edge, pistols and crown
Daly, 10, very high grade, #893, CKL on receiver flats, Deeley and Edge, no crown or pistols or HAL,
Frank Kuhn, 16 ga., #2726, Deeley and Edge, Pistols and crown

So far, all those fit into the serial number sequencing discussed in the previous thread. Here is the basic framework. For review and comment.

1. First series, five digit Scott-sequence serial numbers. No Lindner mark. Mfg early 1870's.

2. Second series, possibly starting with #1, with the first Lindner mark (pistols and crown) observed on Golcher 1662, probably marking when Heinrich took over production and Georg retired. Latest example being Overbaugh 3474. (If mark is crowned, rather than HAL marked) (edit, latest being #3950)

3. Third series, numbers restarted and HAL mark used, post 1892 Proof Law change.

I'm obviously considering the early Scott numbers to be the first set.

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 01/02/17 03:54 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.