I believe Canadians generally think differently from Americans, James.They certainly act more tolerantly of others. And I'm the guy who offers near-apologia here for how the US is turning: a majority of Americans voted against what the president-elect is proposing. I praise a majority who voted from their hearts and not their pockets nor pie-in-the-sky.

Living in Canada's industrial heartland and financial centre, you as businessman and entrepreneur, we both know Canada has more skin in the game than most countries, with $2-billion daily crossing the border every day in trade, their best customer, neighbour and constant ally (except flat no to what became the Iraq tragedy).

We are friends with different notions of governance who may have shared similar sentiments on grounds of not Canadian values when your party veered toward race-baiting to save itself during the federal election a year ago. The current front runners for your party leadership are sailing close to that repudiated line. You back Trumpism; I do not.

Although you were right and I was wrong in predicting his ascension, I am clearly on the side of a majority of Americans who want something different than they're getting for their country. Bit of a stretch to put anti-American resentment on that, James.