Originally Posted By: pooch
Bavaria can make you want to pull your hair out, but still my really zany experiences have been with Canadians. However my experience has been limited to Ontario and Quebec. I think we would all be happier if you took the North East of the US and we got the Midwest of Canada.

I understand those folks in the mid western provinces are a different breed and I have always wanted to take the train ride through western Canada.

There is supposed to be a simple unspoiled beauty about Canada that I've always wanted to experience but have never been able to.

Pooch, I have lived half my life in the East and half in the West. Manitoba and Alberta to be exact. I live in the East (Ontario) now only to be close enough to be able to share custody of my boy with my ex. The moment he's an adult, I'm gone back West. They are two entirely different places with very different social attitudes.

You are quite right about the better "meshing" of the US NE with Ontario and the prairie provinces with the US states west of the Mississippi. I don't think anyone wants Quebec. LOL

Edit to add.... you have to get away from the Windsor to Quebec City corridor if you want to really enjoy Canada and Canadians.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/15/16 02:03 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia