Originally Posted By: King Brown
I let the Bible's ambiguity stay where it is, steve, and try to live by the Commandments and the Golden Rule. Jesus's injunction was to love, not split-tongue tooth-for-tooth and turning cheeks. I don't believe in peace at any price, either. To those who feel the need to arm themselves to stay alive, I say fill your boots, it's your country. Americans who think differently do otherwise.

If we all followed the same Do Unto Others Golden Rule as you Little King, it would require that we should frequently lie to you, denigrate your country, and support gun control in Canada... just as you do to us here.

So how about your boy Obama, and his recent meddling in the Israeli election by attempting to oust Benjamin Netanyahu? Ah, I get it. We don't want to go there, do we? You would be forced to admit that your anti-gun boy Obama has hands dirtier than Putin. Clinton got her e-mail accounts hacked because there was plenty of dirt to go after. Does anyone here think the DNC didn't try to find more dirt on Trump than his decades old locker room talk that was their October Surprise?

Hey, here's some more of your Biblical Scholarship which you used to support the ridiculous claim of the Liberal Left that the 2nd Amendment did not originally refer to an individual right to keep and bear arms. Uh, I don't think any Fundamentalists claimed that Jesus walked with dinosaurs. You must be thinking of Fred Flintstone:

Dave, Dave, Dave: you're like those fundamentalists who claim Jesus walked with the dinosaurs. There was no NRA at time of the Founding Fathers. The change was recent to what the Second is today. You acknowledge as "infringements" all those jurisdictions making the Second what they want it to be. But still the law.

Whether Americans carry because they can or have to is not the issue. They democratically make decisions on how they want to live. Their homicide record is not edifying among modern societies. It is a violent country.

Of course, you have made the same dishonest and inaccurate argument several times in the past, going back to at least 2007. You even lied to us about Constitutional Scholar Marc Levin's thoughts on it. Would you like an instant replay of that discussion Little King? I saved it for your Memorial Tribute in "Silent Doubles". And even when it was proven to you that the Framers intended the 2nd confer an Individual Right, one which they debated and discussed and wrote about in the Federalist Papers, you still came back later with your ridiculous notion about the Militia being a collective right. It must be very sad for you to know that Hillary won't be nominating SCOTUS Justices who would overturn the 2008 Heller and McDonald decisions:

Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.