Yes- no mistaking the backwash chop the rotors from a UH-1 Huey- bending the elephant grass on a Med-Evac mission- never mistake that sound anywhere- Hell of a deal, your chopper pilot pal sounds like the "real deal"--and I like the M37 well enough, except I am a pass shooter mainly, and prefer the slight extra muzzle fore-ward weight of the Model 12- I have 2 3" Mag Model 12's as well, and did two things to alter them to my body build, length of arm, etc- for more efficient pass shooting- (1) removed by boring out about 2/3rd.'s of the lead ballast weight in the buttstock cavity- aprox. parallel to the buttstock access hole for the locking machine screw- (2) Most of my Model 12's- pre-1950-ish- have about 14" to 14& 3/16" LOP, depending on buttstock pad or recoil pad- But the factory std. for the 3" Mag M12 was I believe 13 &5/8"- WRA designers guessed it would be a late season shotgun for longer range shots, and the owner might be wearing more clothing than typically worn on Oct. opening day-I can shoot a shotgun with a slightly longer LOP than I prefer in LOP (14&5/16"), but anything 14" or less I do not do so well with-- unless you have a Kick-Eze slip on pad available.

I also endorse the Winchester Blindside steel No. 2 loads, in both 2& 3/4" and also 3"- (I would rather French kiss Monica Lewinski than shoot a 3&1/2" Mag- and 90% of my shots at geese and mallards are at under 25 yards and closing- Dead Bang- if I do my part- the M12's have never let me down. In past years I have won several Browning and Binelli 12 autoloaders at both DU and PF events- and promptly sold them ANIB-- to other attendees who didn't have a winning raffle ticket. Too old to change, and if it works well for you, as Model 12's seem to for me, well- my point of view it- "Let the young Turks have at it with the plastic stocks and alloyed lightweight receivers- I feel about them the same way I did after both USMC Boot Camp in 1960 and the M-1 Garands, and later in about 1965- the switch to the M-14's-when I first saw a AR-15 carbine- in the main armory at Pendleton-- "K-Mart Karbine"-- Not for me!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/12/16 03:23 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..