Got it Larry...So we really don't know what's in a French gun labeled "Helice" or variants before the VC patent expired...it could be just about anything (well-that's an exaggeration of course). (And it looks like VC redid the patent several times under a different name to extend it).

This plain jane anonymous gun weighs 6 lbs, 7.62 oz, and the more it loosens up the more I like it. I haven't shot it yet-the gunsmith will be looking at it next week - but that's what it's for...to shoot, not to collect. It a neat, sweet swinging, beautifully pointing gun and has whetted my appetite for a collectable Manufrance or some other St. Etienne classic.

And, I've a sneaking suspicion this is a VC Helicobloc copy-infringement just labeled "Wonder." There is a forth lock in the fore-grip. I don't know how I can date it though. I'll let you know.

Noted Heart surgeon Lonny (Louis) Holmes - VN Special Forces medic at Plei Djerang A-Camp then Kontum Mike Force 1968 -- also 3 years in Thailand, shooting the EM Reilly hammer gun during Memorial Day (why I needed a 3rd SxS) (he's a lot more comfortable with pistols than shotguns and has some amazing matched pairs). Check out the Gold Rolex. The gold Submariner sold in Bangkok for $430 in 1966. One of our guys had one, got hit in the left wrist out at Lac Thien (A-236) in Fall 1966...everybody was cursing...not about him but because we thought the 7.62-39 had wasted the watch. Turned out he didn't have it on. I don't want to guess what that thing is worth now - easily the price of a Boss?.

Last edited by Argo44; 07/28/16 10:37 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch