mike-

i also miss der klunk more than i cal say. he and i have emailed a ton and i was fortunate enough to visit his basement...and of course my jaw is still on the floor. anyone who has been there knows what i am talking about.

and actually, one of the guns i won't sell until dead last is from russ. mostly because i first saw it in his basement while visiting with him.

on the first night i logged on here in march '97 i noticed that some guy named "russ" could answer questions about so many different kinds of guns and no matter what the question. plus i am a mechanical engineer and we share a lot of things in common.

never had the pleasure of meeting dr. g. he always told me to call him "oscar", but i guess it was because i went back to grad school to get my masters in mechanical engineering. he helped e with many, many questions that i had. it wan when i was getting started making custom guns i needed"hands-on" help. plus he answered every singly question i had, many of which were purely academic, but they mattered to my young brain in grad school.

this board has helped me become friends with so many people with whom i have broken bread, uncorked bottles, worked shoulder to shoulder with them in their shops, and slept in their guest bedrooms.

i should just stop here, as i could rattle on forever. just thinking about the past 19 years on this board has brought back so many happy memories. than you very much for getting the post rolling.

skunk out