I never said Audobon was anti-hunting Larry. I said that they have supported lead ammunition bans in California and have taken anti-lead ammo positions. You came back with a cherry picked part of their position statement in your post #433652. You went on and on to tell us how they are such great allies of hunters, and to tell us you could not find any information to support what I said (your post #433888). I confronted you with facts and links showing their anti-lead efforts... even from Audobon's own website-- http://ca.audubon.org/banning-lead-ammunition-condor-habitat -- Then craigd busted you on leaving out the part of Audobon's statement that proved you wrong. It's all still there and nobody can edit or change it because the thread has been locked. I said that you selectively edited their position statement in order to back up your erroneous assertions which you made in the Condor thread. You did in fact do that Larry. Too bad you didn't quote the entire statement back then instead of cherry-picking only the good parts.

You took craigd to task for also only quoting part of that statement, however his intent wasn't to mislead anyone, but only to prove that you were misleading us. He did that very effectively, and it wasn't necessary for him to quote their entire statement to do that. You equated his behavior with your own deplorable behavior. Printing their entire position statement here now doesn't change what you tried to do in the Condor thread. I think that showed us the lengths you will go to in order to avoid admitting you are wrong.

You sure went to a lot of trouble here, and still look foolish. And you are still twisting and twirling like a dervish to dodge away from the false statement you made about me yesterday. Keep flailing.

By the way... speaking of your inability to read and comprehend... I have found plenty of studies that refute much of the garbage you call science. I've told you that numerous times, but I also told you that you aren't smart enough to digest them, and you aren't motivated enough to even look for them on your own. Of course, you claimed you couldn't find any information that Audobon had supported lead ammo bans, and it took me less than a minute to find that link I posted above on their own website. That's not very impressive for an ex-CIA guy Larry. You are entrenched in your beliefs, and all too intent on dishonestly discrediting anyone who disagrees with you, in my opinion. I have already responded to much of what you repeated above within the Condor thread, and being insanely redundant isn't addressing the false statement you made about me. And you still haven't shown us any conclusive proof that all of those millions of ducks and geese that were alleged to be dying from lead shot prior to 1991 actually were. So enough with attempting to place demands upon me while exempting yourself from the same standards. I'm on to your game and you don't intimidate me or impress me.

I'll agree that you have been consistent in discrediting and opposing lead shot bans for UPLAND GAME... except doves, in your recent and past posts here. As craigd has noted, you seem to automatically consider doves at more risk. I don't read your magazine articles, and certainly don't plan to start now after seeing how you operate. But your comments and abject refusal to even consider great disparities in different studies, and obvious anti-lead and anti-hunting bias, (as with Peregrine Fund's Dr Cormatzer for just one example) with the lame excuse that craigd or I are not wildlife biologists is ridiculous. Using your logic, if I buy a dozen eggs and notice that the carton is filled with 12 golf balls, I need to be an ornithologist before you'd consider me qualified to make a valid complaint.

Also Larry, as I have repeated, but failed to penetrate your thick thick head, I was not the only one who noticed that much of what you wrote in the Condor thread was not helpful to anyone but anti-lead ammo folks... except for upland game... other than doves. You sure as hell didn't do deer hunters who use lead bullets any favors.

You're doing a great job of ignoring me Larry. However, nothing you wrote changes my opinion of you. But I'll still be asking you to produce evidence of that false statement you made about me yesterday. All that writing, and you couldn't do that. You sure went to a lot of trouble to avoid just being a man and admitting you were wrong. No surprise there.

Originally Posted By: 1cdog
The older I get......the more I prefer lighter loads and larger shot size.

The older I get..... the less tolerant I am of hypocrites and fools.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.