I do about the same thing except run half a dozen at a time in the table saw. Sliding table that fits in the saws miter gauge slot with 6 holes, rest is just like your tool. Just finished 400 3 1/2 inch to 2 7/8 inch 10 G Federals. Either method yours or mine is a lot better than Precision Reloadings Tool. It's hard to use and will wear your wrist out twisting the hull to cut.

And like in the photos you don't need a short kit at all if using O/S wads.

On Short Kits. I think Mec's kit fits 600 JR's and Size masters. But the home made rig shown works just as well I bet. Problem I had with the 600 Jr was with short 10 G hulls. Cheddites brass is thin and I was bending some rims when running the shell through the Decap and prime stage. Which caused jams closing the action. Bought a 10 G die for my P-W 375, size prime and knock the primed shell out of the die with a short Delrin rod dropped in the mouth and pushed by the knock out die. Then over to the Mec for powder wad shot and crimp. Mec Short conversion crimps are very nice. I should say I don't have this problem with short 12's

Extra work but no jams now.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 02/09/16 02:48 PM.