Originally Posted By: italiansxs
StormGSP:
I have been a long term admirer of Italian cars from afar; Ferraris* in particular. However if I had to make a coast to coast trip I'd Select the Bentley mentioned above over a Ferrari every time if those were my only two choices. That's what they call in Statistics "Minimizing the Maximum regret". I've owned several German cars over the years from inexpensive(VW) to expensive(Porsche) ones and they have all been reliable.
But we digress: The "Best" double I own from a reliability perspective and a "Get er Done" capability ala Larry the cable guy is my 1923 vintage Sterlingworth. Oh: I own several more expensive guns but this Sterlingworth has never once let me down nor made a trip to the gunsmith for repairs in 40 years.

*How many of you would be prepared to spend around $3,000 on a "routine" service interval tuneup as I've been told this is what it runs at the Ferrari dealership??
Jim

No doubt the cost of upkeep is expensive, but if you can afford one, the fees are probably small in comparison. The Enzo's keep going up in value, as people keep wrecking them. I heard the cost of an oil change for an Enzo is $750. My favorite cars are Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, BMW M6, one of the new Maseratis- the name is escaping me. Anything is better than the car I got 2 days ago- its my first car a $1500 Kia- its pretty rough, but its got 4 wheels.

As far as best guns- i'll let those with more experience say something. I keep my goals small for the time being. My uncle has a number of bests from both Italian and British makers. I hope to see him around the 4th of July. Ill ask him.

Great Topic.