Joe, OQ1(best work SLE) and OQ5(best work BLE) pretty much expect to have a decent quality and condition case. OQ2-4 would take a ding in value if not accompanied by a case equal inn condition to the gun. At OQ6 and below, a case would be a plus in value comparable to the case alone value. So, you Huey case should be worth whatever used Huey sell for - with or without the gun. Same idea for case accessories. You might be able to add a few % for the desirability of the .470 cartridge - depends on the buyer. Keep an eye on auction results - they are the best "reality."

Redoak, post a gun or two and we can see how your price and value compare. "Birmingham" is not a criteria. There were a number of BV2 makers there. BV2-OQ6-CC5 = $2,003, for example. BV2-OQ5-CC4 = $3,594. As you can see, a little improvement in OQ or CC goes a long ways. BTW, I've no stones to throw at a guy who knows what he wants and gets the best deal he can. Having what you want trumps two or three bargains, IMO.

This system started as I tried to sort heads from tails of Brit and Continental gun values. Prices turned out to be far too complex to be useful. The 405 pigeon-holes of my system seem to be sufficiently precise to predict values and make a starting place for price.

DDA

Last edited by Rocketman; 01/15/16 11:10 PM.