JFB, I'll run this through my value system and we will see how it would value the gun. Keep in mind that this is "value" and not a price. Price can be set only when buyer and seller agree.

Brand Value level is the maker's name influence on value. L&L will fall into BV3 which is the bulk of Brit maker's names. It will have 2/3 the value of BV2 and 1/2 the value of BV1. Keep in mind that BV says nothing at all about the quality of the arm.

The gun appears to me to be mid-grade Birmingham made arm. Original Quality grade was built-in at the factory and is not to be confused with the gun's present condition. Hammer guns tend to value similarly to boxlock shotguns. So, mid-grade hammer gun would be OQ6.

The Current Condition level of the gun appears to be CC5, "Needs minor repairs or has had proper restoration."

BV3-OQ6-CC5 = $1,336 for a 12 bore shotgun.

Dangerous game rifles seem to value at about 4X shotguns. 4X $1336 = $5,344. Sorry that this number will be disappointing to you.

The BV is fixed.

If you disagree with my proposal of "mid-grade" shoot back your opinion and why. But, baring some discussion, OQ is pretty clear.

If you disagree with my estimate of CC5, bring back some additional discussion. If your gun was CC2 (Limited use - slight finish wear, little shooting) the value would be BV3-OQ6-CC2 = $12,404.

Within the past few years saw a guy shop a gun very similar to yours, except a good deal more original and a BV2 name, all weekend at a major Vintages shoot and finally settle for $5,500.

I'm not suggesting you sell it for that, but do believe it is pretty close to reality.

DDA