Update on this April discussion: I may have blundered onto the answer to my own question about my recent Krag acquisition.The NRA Service Company was about like the American Rifleman's gift shop, where one could buy NRA magazine binders, NRA radiator emblems, NRA leather wallets, NRA turkey targets,NRA trophy spoons, and NRA Christmas cards. You could get deals on more useful items such as Lyman and Pacific sights, reloading equipment, and a selected assortment of guns.
A Krag sporting stock was offered from the Service Co. for at least four months over the winter of 1929-30. This handsome stock was admittedly made by Sedgley, and seems to conform to the one I have now, pictured earlier in this thread. I would speculate that the trap butt plate on my gun was not part of the NRA SCo. package.
The Service Co. stock was roughly contemporaneous, and probably equivalent in quality to the better known Stoeger stock. I don't recall Mike Petrov mentioning the Service Co. stock.
Some have wondered who put out those collars that blended the abrupt receiver / barrel meeting of the sporterized arsenal Krag.It may have been the man who placed this ad in the October,1930 AR. Not everyone selling something in 1930 could afford a display ad, and it is important to scratch the classifieds for stuff like this.
I got some pictures if someone would be kind enough to post them for us.