Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
I don't know much about Canadian politics, but I strongly agree that ways must be found to bridge party feuding. Compromise is the essence of governing a democracy. Nobody gets everything his way all the time. The Incompetence Caucus wants it all their way. There are only 40 of them. If it weren't for gerrymandering, they wouldn't be elected in the first place. AAAARG. PS: No American President has been subjected to more hate speech than our present one.

Bill, are you kidding? No president subject to more hate speech?? Daily I hear Bush denigrated. Daily!! And I'm in Canada and he left office 7 years ago! This is what I'm talking about!!!

I could gather 100 people together in the town I live in, large retirement population, and ask for comments on Obama. For sure, better than 50% would be positive. Same group, ask about Bush....85-90% negative. Even lots of centre right have bought the media line....Bush is stupid. And repeat it to this day.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia