Sorry for the absence, my motorcycle has taken priority trying to get it ready for a camping trip... ahh the vagaries of carburetion! I see some similarity between these projects... To such an end, I have no new info about the rifle. I haven't had a chance to slug the bores and measure the twist rates. I did however find some S&B 9.3x74r at an attractive price but I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

Excellent info Der Ami and HB01.

I'm quite happy to accept if the bullet fits and the case fits and it doesn't explode while shooting it, you have a winning combo lol.

Like HB01 said, I love the mystery of trying to figure out what happened to this rifle over it's life. Floating theories, taking measurements, looking at the possibilities. It's almost as much fun as shooting it! It has also been an excellent excuse to buy some more cartridge books! smile

To add a little more intrigue, I recently discovered a 9.3/.375, that appears to be a .375 H&H Flanged necked down to take 9.3 bullets. Does any one have any case measurements just for fun?

Also, do you think x72 brass with the larger base would fire form properly to the x74ish chambers I have?