This sentiment is a tad odd.....the idea that a purchaser must 'support' a given business. I know the idea of the old Mom n' Pop store brings tears to our eyes, but at the end of the day Mom n' Pop need to earn their business - not be 'supported' as part of some sort of paternal relationship.

It shouldn't be hard. What with the dicks they have working at WalMart, Pop should have no trouble keeping customers.

Then again, the norm for gun shop owners is to be kinda cranky, know-it-all, and a bit brusque. So who knows?

As for who will fix it.....well, there will always be someone who can fix it, even if it means sending the gun out of state. As a human who has owned over 100 guns and never had one break, I don't get too worried about guns breaking. Then, I'm the same jackass who never has a car break and can hardly avoid getting 100K miles on a set of brake pads....

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
So John got a little pissed off, .......doesn't everybody?

A lawyer friend of mine who is the son of a lawyer and is filthy rich goes to Walmart to buy a rifle. I got a little pissed off at him. But people said its his money. I still get pissed when I see him. And I still think I'm right. Spend your money at a gunshop because those are the people who need supporting. And when it breaks are you going to take it Walmart to have it fixed? No, you're going to take it to a gunshop like John's and have it fixed, well what happens if John is no longer in business?

Last edited by GregSY; 08/13/15 07:44 PM.