Now that looks like something I've seen before.My JP Sauer and Sohn sxs combo did that with the rifle barrel,but that was the one mis IDed as 9.3x74R.The primers are showing pressure signs,the cause and amount of which is not determined.From the age of the double,it may have,as mine did,"dog tooth" firing pins(part of the hammer).The "fix" for mine was a "gas dicte mutter bolzen"(?)(gas tight bushed firing pin).I have no experience with Hornady ammo, so this is only a guess.I think it might be loaded hotter than European ammo.Most people fire the front trigger first, which would be the right barrel/left bullet hole-if you reloaded after the "pulled"shot and not after the second shot.In this case,cross firing this much at 50 feet would indicate higher than normal velocity.If the bullets didn't cross, the distance between the holes would be about the distance between the barrels and would be ok.This is why I use two targets(side by side),so I can shoot the second barrel as soon as I can get back on target and still know where each bullet hit.Your need to do more shooting to find an appropiate load is going to be complicated by the pierced primers.The gunsmith that corrected my rifle was in Germany(and since has retired-his son has the shop).I believe New England Custom Guns can do this type work.I'm not saying, for sure,what caused it or that you have to call NECG, it is only a suggestion.It looks like more discussion is going to be needed.
Mike