Originally Posted By: cpa
....fetal tissue sales is repugnant. However, as far as I can tell, there is nothing criminal about it. As to their funding of abortions, I think there are some misconceptions....
....The group does receive federal funding, but the money cannot be used for abortions by law.

FULL ANSWER....
....only 3 percent of its total services in 2009 were abortions....

....Here’s a chart from a March 2011 fact sheet, which reported that the group performed about 11.4 million total services....

....Its 2011 fact sheet says it performed 332,278 abortion procedures in 2009. That would mean that roughly one out of every 10 clients received an abortion.

Taxpayer Funding
....about one-third of its total revenues for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2009....

The stuff you dug up is a sorry word play. What's a 'service' is like saying what's a widget. Facts are, one in ten that walk through the door get an abortion.

Clearly, some of the mentioned 'services' require less of the budget, yet are given equal weight in this 'accounting' report that you dug up. Most important, there's no explanation about commingling or separation of funds.

I wonder what the income was/is from marketing and sales of fetal tissue, that procedures were intentionally altered from what the healthier mom was told, so that the profit margin would be higher. I wonder how much prior input the 'buyers' had and if they were paying for the wining and dining.

No, it really isn't repugnant. Could that just be the minimum lip service indicated for psuedo bipartisanship when justifying the selective non enforcement of some law?