Originally Posted By: Ken61
Oh please.

Agnostic means you don't believe until you've seen it yourself, or it has been proven to your satisfaction. I'm open to all possibilities. What is certain is that when I die one of two things will happen. Consciousness will continue on some level, and I'll be pleasantly surprised, or it will end, and I won't know the difference.

If everything is trivial and equivalent, there must be good reason that the founding documents are barely worth the paper that they're written on.

I asked dal a bit ago, similar thought here. You've mentioned instilling a very different value system in your two boys than how the lefties want them to believe and behave. What's the point? The goal in life should just be to accumulate pleasure, because it all ends sooner or later.

It should be easily provable that religion, particularly the faith component, affects so much of our average lives, let alone world events even if someone tries not to participate in matters of faith. It's certainly much more concrete than evolutionary theories, yet faith in evolutionary theories meet some degree of satisfaction.

Maybe, not all 'religion' is equal and it's smart to put belief and faith in the creator that endowed US rights. Other countries and their citizens can put their faith in their leaders, spokespersons, courts, idols or their oppressors.