Originally Posted By: dal
FYI - I'm pretty much an atheist, and think that human nature will be the cause for the dimise of human kind....not some god.

D.

I'm pretty much an Agnostic. Whenever I have discussions with Fundamentalist Christians they usually call me an Atheist. Human Nature is very much the point, as a significant part of it is the assertion of Dominance over others, in order to benefit oneself. If the dominance asserted is against the other person's will it becomes Sociopathic. It is this involuntary infliction upon others that is the point, particularly when it becomes government policy. Since the morality that rationalizes this infliction is that individuals are not equal, it is clearly a faith-based religious belief, consequentially unconstitutional according to the "Establishment Clause" of the Constitution. This is the purpose of the Constitution, to constrain these types of people from using the power of government to inflict their sociopathic religious beliefs on others against their will. This is what has been circumvented by Religious Statists, who have been successful in replacing the American morality of individual freedom and equality with the Statist/Marxist/Totalitarian morality of Religious Statism.

Last edited by Ken61; 07/18/15 11:39 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.