I have a very early (1939?) Utica Savage Fox Model B in 20 ga. with 28" tubes choked IC/Mod. Apparently these early guns could be choked as requested. Mine also has a serial number on the flats of the breech, assembly marks by workman, well-struck barrels without a lump or dip. Rib is plain, straight, brazed, water-tight. Double triggers (plated nicely), well-done if plain checkering on black walnut stocks, pistol grip uncapped butt and splinter forend. Gun weighs 6 lbs. 6 oz. and is handy, a good pointer unlike later clubs by Stevens and Savage when they started fooling with tree-sized BT forends and bogus stamped vent ribs secured by Phillips head screws. I rust blued the tubes as someone had cold blued them years ago, polished the frame to a nice coin finish, and am totally happy with a gun I just traded for $260 bucks. I know the old vintage hardware store guns aren't in the same league as the fancier names but there is a certain pleasure in owning these oldies. I also have several early Stevens 520 20 ga. pumps made for Wards and Sears that display a level of workmanship way beyond that found on contemporary guns. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Thanks for your time and attention. Chopperlump

Last edited by chopperlump; 05/24/07 06:00 AM.