Hi guys my first post to the forums and hopefully one of many!

A local gun shop has a H. Leue of Berlin double rifle for sale and I am definitely interested in acquiring it. I have done some research and determined it is nitro proofed and made before 1912 (the load markings and N with crown proof). There are a few other proofs of which I cannot determine their meaning: a resting lion, 118/35, the two S runes on the barrels, the U with a crown, and the eagle.

I also apologize if this is bad etiquette, but I was also hoping you could help establish a value on it... the shop has it on consignment with asking of $2800. Here are the particulars.

>side safety (left side)
>rib says "H. LEUE, HOFBUCHSENMACHLE, BERLIN
>right hand comb
>9.3x74r (confirmed by chamber cast no visible caliber markings I can decipher)
>action feels tight and not shot out, no perceptible play
>extractors
>lots of engraving
>flip up rear leaf and fixed rear leaf
>locking bolt across top of action
>scope mount over right barrel
>double trigger
>on the lever that opens the action it has a crown with 7 tines and the monogram OG or GO (7 tines supposedly means baron).
>I'd say approximately 70-80% overall NRA antique. Maybe as low as 60%. Mechanically working but dings and scratches from use. Small splotch of rust and one white spot from small gouge under forearm. Bores look excellent.
>there are no known accessories, scope, case, paperwork, ammo, or reloading equipment included

Last edited by L3n4rd; 06/28/15 09:46 PM.