My religious beliefs are just that:
My own personal beliefs that I don't try to force on anyone else.
I was an agnostic for over 30 years and probably would still be one had I not gone through some life changing events.
I don't subscribe to the literal intreperation of the Bible school either as:
1: The Bible has been interpreted and translated into several different versions over the years. Is one version more accurate then the others?
2: My belief is that the Bible authors wrote in a vague manner and whether this was done on purpose or not is and probably will always remain unknown.
3: There are glaring errors in the Bible from a scientific perspective due to the limited understanding of the universe at that time. Here's one example: It you read the passages where the sun stands still to allow a battle to be completed in full light most people immediatley know it's wrong. The earth at that time was considered the center of the universe with the sun,stars etc. rotating around it and stopping the sun was believed would result in continuous daylight. We now know that the Earth would have had to stand still not the sun for that "miracle" to occur.
Jim

Joshua 10:13

The Sun Stands Still
12Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "O sun, stand still at Gibeon, And O moon in the valley of Aijalon." 13So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. 14There was no day like that before it or after it, when the LORD listened to the voice of a man; for the LORD fought for Israel.…

Last edited by James M; 06/10/15 03:21 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.