Steve, if this morning you thought you needed to call Jim out for being a racist why didn't you do it on the offending thread? By calling him out on this thread it made it look like you couldn't dispute his arguments or his facts so you disputed his character.

Paraphrasing my liberal friend King's comments, "You aren't nearly as racist this morning as you usually are. Good job Jim!" But his response also makes it look like he had no good arguments against Jim's first post so he decided to do a little ad hominem himself.

I have been a contractor since 1981. Let's say that Obama gets his backdoor amnesty plan through the SCOTUS. So I have a choice. I can hire an eighteen year old life-long citizen of the United States or I can hire a thirty year old Mexican National. And the world being what it is, I have to pay them both or either $7.50 per hour.

Now the citizen will probably have to go through several jobs before he has learned to show up on time five days a week, week after week. That Mexican National has been working since he was eleven and has that skill. Then the Mexican National probably has tool skills that the eighteen year old doesn't have. The Mexican is probably willing to work on a roof in the sun in 105F where the citizen won't (for $7.50 an hour). If it is legal to hire the Mexican I know who I will hire. If it is illegal to hire the Mexican I know some of my competitors will anyway.

Suppose that the President enforces the law and deports most of the illegal immigrants, say 80%. Say the employers that hire illegal aliens are prosecuted. If I want to stay in business I am going to have to pay a lot more than $7.50 to get that kid up on on that roof in the middle of July. And I am going to put up with a lot more BS than I would if I knew I could hire that Mexican. From experience I know that many of those sorry eighteen year olds, after they have been fired enough times and rehired and worked with and lectured turn into good workers and decent human beings. But if I can hire that Mexican National why would I bother.

It is well documented that chicken factories are overrun with illegal aliens. Those jobs could go to citizens.

Young Black men have an unemployment rate of about 20%. Illegal aliens take the entry level jobs that our Black youths have historically used to enter the workforce. Blacks are impacted more than Whites because Whites are, on average, better educated and more intelligent. Jobs requiring above average intelligence and education are not available to non-English speaking illegal aliens, at least when the first get here. So the Blacks bare the great burden of the Democrats' cynical and amoral trade-off.

My "racist is as racist does" bit was a mockery of the Democrats' contention that anything that has a disparate impact on Blacks is racist. So if Blacks, on average, score lower than Whites then the test must be racist. Often, Blacks live in the urban center city with Whites in the suburbs. If you draw voting districts along the lines of the city and the suburbs you get a much higher percentage of Blacks in the urban city than in the suburb cities. So the Democrat candidate might win the urban city voting district with 80% of the vote. The Democrats say that the disparate impact of drawing the districts along city borders deprives them of Democratic representatives. They want to gerrymander the wasted black votes (anything over 51%) into the white suburbs so they can get more representatives elected. So if it has a disparate impact on Blacks, according to the Democrats, it is racist and wrong - except if it is amnesty for illegal aliens or a 700% higher abortion rate for Blacks than Whites. Those two cases of disparate impact represent the highest order of freedom, morality and fairness.

Another thing I don't get. Democrats say Republicans are racists. Democrats are for abortion. If Blacks get abortions at seven times the rate of non-Latino Whites why aren't the racist Republicans supporting abortion? Add to that the fact that Blacks vote about 80% for Democrats why aren't the cold blooded Republicans supportive of abortion? After all, eight out of ten aborted Black babies, had they lived, would likely become Democrats.

A side note. When the true unemployment rate gets down to five percent, I am all for bringing in immigrants from Mexico and Central and South America. The many poor Mexican National immigrants I have interacted with have all been fine people with good values and the best workers I ever saw.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/07/15 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

I am glad to be here.