Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
....As for fixing the problem of uninsured citizens... that actually has been addressed at least to an extent in the program....

....the huge deductible with the Bronze scheme. This requires providers who choose to participate to in effect grant credit in the amount of the deductible to those seeking care....

....if we can all get on the same page. I'm not hopeful that we can....

....I paid into the system for 40 years, with essentially no claims. Now, if I need health care why shouldn't I be able to afford it?

We'll get nowhere on the religious discussion....

With all due respect, this is to some extent or another a freeloading mindset. Regardless of the rhetoric of insuring all the uninsured, the numbers do not support the claim.

Can anyone really hope to get affordable health care just because they 'paid in', if they dictate to facilities and providers to take the loss on the deductibles/copays, etc. The reason I asked if you were satisfied with ocare is because you're a clear supporter, but there is no answer to cost containment. You wisely budgeted for huge increases, does the plan protect joe average from cost surprises.

My understanding, I thought by law, copays and deductibles are required to be payed. Isn't that the point, to discourage use of the 'benefit'. I didn't know cheating doctors out of their pay for the work they do was written into the law, but maybe it's risky to retirement plan based on getting the bronze deductible 'waiver'.

I know religious discussions go no where. You brought it up, along with the question, 'is there no middle ground'. But, it doesn't look like we can get along. All I asked was if you knew of any politician that tried to create or advocate for a state sponsored religion. My feeling, the simple answer is no, but you elected instead to nicely justify division.

I was wonder if you noticed, bo said in the sotu lecture, that the rich needed to pay more of their 'fair' share. He said....they should be taxed on their 'accumulated' wealth, didn't mention their 'income'. As King would say, suck it up. If you paid in for forty years and bo says you do NOT deserve affordable care, then it's simple, you do not. Careful in the voting booth, good luck getting answers before hand, but any talk of villages and fairness probably means your nest egg is on the radar. It doesn't matter what your 'ethic' is, they'll justify it like supporters do of ocare.