I paid $800 for my $500 12ga. Sterlingworth a number of years ago when people like me had money to spend.

Since it's now so worthless, certainly the modification police will no longer mind that the #2 30" barrels now have 2 3/4" chambers, the cones are 4" long, and the chokes are now .005 and .015. Mr. Danner rust blued the barrels and they look like new. The project is stuck at the stock refinishing stage, due to lack of ambition and/or funds. It works just fine as is.

I spent today shooting the 7.25 pound overweight pig at skeet and trap just to see if it's as big a POS as some of you folks seem to think it is.

My 7/8oz. load of #9 at 1120 fps only netted me a 95/100 at skeet. I do cheat and use an X wad in the left barrel. The 1oz. load of #9 from the right barrel scored 23/25 at singles trap. I chipped a few, and I did miss two.... but the others blew up like a chinese firework. 1oz. #9 through .005". Apparently, the hard shot and long cones work for this application.

The kids enjoyed seeing the 1926 model Fox do it's thing. I rather enjoyed the day. It's not a competition target gun, but it sure is fun to shoot. I did drop a few pheasants with it back when I first acquired it.

So, is it 'worth' the near $1300 I foolishly have 'into' it? I'm past the point of caring. I prefer now to just enjoy the day, and I have as much fun with a Benelli, an 1100, or a Krieghoff. They all have something to offer and I enjoy still being able to shoot anything off the rack reasonably well.

There will come a time when we can't. All of us. Just enjoy your guns now and forget all the financial and political and demographic crap. In the final analysis, it's only the day shooting that counts.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble