I did find an article by Harry Bruce, pertaining to the CBC lockout of 2005. It's entertaining, and somewhat relevant of why Comrade King would work there. It sounds amazingly like American PBS. Here's an excerpt, from this link:

http://www.friends.ca/news-item/5027

The government, in many respects, is a highly conservative gang of Grits and seems to think the CBC has lost its stature as one of the great public institutions of Canada's 20th century, and degenerated into a nuisance, a left-leaning, artsy-fartsy embarrassment, a mewling nag that endlessly begs for hundreds of millions of dollars.

If the CBC's offering of a whole bunch of reruns, old interviews, out-dated comedy shows, unfamiliar faces, stumblebum voices, stale music and news from Blighty happens to drive away so many listeners and viewers that it might as well vanish from Canada forever, would this government really give a pinch of beaver dung?

When I searched the site a little more, I did find a reference to Comrade King's reporting on two mine disasters...

Comrade King, Have you EVER worked in the private sector? As a J-School grad myself, I'd love to read some of your articles...

Last edited by Ken61; 10/26/14 04:14 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.