John,

The guys have given you a great deal to ponder over.
My 2 cents is much the same:
1. I have 2 AYA nr 2s that I got from Cabelas pretty much as Larry Brown noted. New guns for about $4.5k that I thought were a great deal. Not so much at the current prices.
$8 to $10k buys a pretty nice used Brit gun, so why not buy the real thing?
The price increase is/was a real problem for me; it was too large, put new Spanish guns at pretty near the same price point as used second tier Brit guns. There are huge numbers of used Brit guns coming across the pond.
2. Before buying the AYAs from Cabelas I tried to buy a new gun from Grulla.
That was a total joke. Months would go by before I got an answer to the simplest question. And these were in Spanish. A absolute waste of time, they were NOT interested in my business.
3. As several guys noted the current on going Obama economy is a disaster unless you are a 1%er. The Spanish raised gun prices just when the US economy went into the dumper and it has not come out yet. Nor will it until the idiots are out of power. That is at least 2 more years.
4. People who want a twice barrel shootgun are buying Turkish or Russian guns for around $1k that are no where near as nice as a Spanish gun but they work and can shoot steel. I have a friend who has 5 of them. If one should break, he throws it out and gets another. Or they are getting Uggies, which are still a very good deal.

best wishes!

{quote=arrieta2]Fellows, as you know I have been selling Spanish guns for many years, importing direct from the makers. The Spanish makers want to know why they are not selling as many guns in the USA as several years before. The US market was at one time their biggest. Not now. So give me your input so I can forward your concerns and ideas back to them. Helping with this will help them understand what going on in the US to better address concerns about their products and distribution in the US

Thanks a bunch

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston, TX [/quote]