Originally Posted By: King Brown
....When people can't get work they are given money....

....No one here likes spongers and laggards....

....About a third of all state prison inmates and more than half of federal prison inmates in 2010 were drug offenders. I recommend On the Run: Fugitive Life in an American City (University of Chicago Press) by Alice Goffman....

....the notion of a superpower president doing what he was elected to do.

Oh, my, the horror.

I don't believe I mentioned likes or dislike, and I had hoped I wouldn't be soft labeled a hater. I still believe policy, that may require time to work, should be effective enough after six years to show results rather than count on justification by supporters and skewed reported stats.

I honestly don't have the time to read the book, but I looked up a few reviews, by noted expert reviewers wink, and got somewhat of a feel for the message. The hero of the story had a stretch of 51 arrests while 'on the run', maybe a bit of oversimplification to say that these are victimless drug offenses. I'd hope that if 'drugs' can be blamed, why not discuss the effectiveness of labeling abuse a medical condition and treating it with ocare. Also, why is the 'war on drugs' demonized by the left. After all, if personal responsibility is factored in, shouldn't the stats tell us there should be a war against young black males.

Cough, cough, that doesn't sound too good. Was this pres elected to do something perceived, or was he elected and reelected based on how he can deliver a prompter message. Why aren't the results of the promises and policy of this superpres ever questioned, by blacks or latinos, or college kids, or the media. You have flipped flopped on whether we have recovered or not, economically, but you have said many times it's an accomplishment of this admin. Why is this the first 'recovery' ever to have median incomes go down.