Originally Posted By: King Brown
(1) Working within a mixed economy, I not only believe in profit but capital investment should not be subsidized by government as it is everywhere i.e. our landowners' responsibly sustainable forestry program, acclaimed as one of the best in the world, must also be financially sustainable, not subsidized by taxpayers. Compare that to your "free market" corporate welfare....

....the cornerstone of our rural economy....

....I think of it as responsible citizenship. It beats cawing a gobbledegook cacophony in the back 40 because you don't like paying a fair share of taxes....

I wonder how the 'rural' property tax rate say for folks in your neck of the woods, and maybe for the folks in Halifax compares. I wonder if it's 'fair' for the taxpayer to subsidize the vacation, hunting grounds and wink grape farms of the elite playgrounds of the rich. I wonder what would make a lib elite, not you, jump up on a soap box and belittle that taxpaying working poor in your capital city. Why does he have to subsidize the haves, with disproportionate tax rates on a tiny little house on some tiny little lot.

Hey, I wonder if one person's partisan 'poison' might be seen by another as pc cancerous hypocrisy.