Kyrie, we're in the good old US of A, not Europe. No need to look farther than the advertisers on this website to establish the going price for an AyA #2 on this side of the pond. It's about $6,000, give or take a little--unless there are extra "bells and whistles". Straight off the Quality Arms website. Or scan the Cabela's Gun Library inventory. I just bought one from them, new in the box, tagged at $4700. If they were selling well here for $6,000, I doubt Cabela's would have lowered the price to that extent. But they try to sell them here for $9,000, and they'll have about as much luck as Kimber did with the Turkish-made Valier sidelocks for the same money (back then) as an AyA #2.

Bottom price point . . . you're obviously ignoring Ugartechea.

As for how well they'll do on the European market: Since there are decent used British sidelocks available over here for well under $9,000, and since they're usually less expensive in the UK than they are here, I'm thinking that banking on the Euro market may not be a good choice for them. I recall reading that at one time, AyA was the best-selling sxs in the UK. At $5K or so . . . new Spaniard or vintage Brit? The new gun from Spain might get the nod. At $9,000? I'm sure Dig can come up with one heck of a British sidelock for that money. Not a "best" . . . but then an AyA #2 isn't a best either. Nice enough gun, but it is their entry-level sidelock.

And you can do a bunch of custom work, including restock to fit, and still come out ahead of an entry level Spanish gun for $9K.

As for how small the market in this country is or isn't, not hard to poke around on Guns International and come up with a lot of in the box Spaniards awaiting a new home.

If things are that bad over there, then maybe joining the EU will spell the end of the Spanish trade. Too bad, but DIARM did them serious damage back 40 years or so.

We'll just have to whisper in Tony Galazan's ear that it's time for him to start making Holland-pattern sidelocks. His track record proves that he'll have buyers standing in line.