Replacement, are you confused?

I don't know your mental state, English comprehension abilities, nor your I.Q. I do know that you are confused. You're attributing DaveK's statement that Reagan cut taxes "Across the Board" to me. My interjections were about specific instances where that situation resulted in tax cuts for individuals. If you go back and have someone read this to you, perhaps you'll understand it this time. If you'll recall the debate at the time, the Democrats insisted on eliminating deductions and the "closing of loopholes" in the tax code as conditions of their support on reduction of marginal rates. To their Keynesian thinking, the economy would not significantly improve. Of course, history has proven them wrong, and the resulting economic growth far exceeded the negative effects of the restructuring. No I do not, nor ever have, disputed the fact that the elimination of the politically-granted loopholes and deductions did not result in taxes increasing on the people who had been receiving them. Nor did I agree with them, I never agree with raising taxes. They were the political price the democrats required. I do agree with the concept of a simplified tax code, even a flat tax, with elimination of politically granted advantages. As it is, that's why the Tax Code is so obscenely huge now, it's mainly a collection of detriments and advantages that have been granted for political reasons. Are we clear now?

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.