There are so many misconceptions in the last few posts, I hardly know where to start. I'll throw out a few things to get things rolling. To show that I'm "balanced" I'll start with Social Security.

True, working people have paid into it. Yet, the mathematical facts cannot be denied. The average person who has worked all their lives gets back ALL THE MONEY PLUS INTEREST in under four years of receiving benefits. That's the math. The program is mathematically unworkable as it stands. It could have been fixed in the early GWB years by allowing younger folks to opt out and privatize a portion of their contributions. Older people's benefits would not have been affected. This would have been a massive power loss to the sociopathic Democrats, so they lied and demonized the whole plan, scaring the ignorant. As it is, there is no "Trust Fund", it was put on-budget by LBJ to pay for the massive vote-buying scheme called the "Great Society". Even in the best case, after four years seniors are simply another group of welfare cases, as their own contributions have run out, and others are forced to pay for their benefits. It is merely another sociopathic statist religious entitlement.

Last edited by Ken61; 09/24/14 05:14 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.