Originally Posted By: wannagohunting
I am in Mesa AZ. The Eurasian doves have totally taken over the area. They are so abundant it borders on insanity. We can shoot them all year with no limits, so I go out nearly once a week all year round and shoot about 30 in 3 hours or less. Keeps my Doubleguns busy. Just curious if you all have Eurasion Doves in your areas?

We have them in Southern Utah and they are about the same size as our white wing dove, larger than any mourning dove and better flyers.

We can shoot them year round with no limits and we do just that by the hundreds........they are identified by a collar around their neck and the lighter overall color......

Our infestation is about the same as Arizona's.

In the vicinity of Dairies and stock yards are particularly good here AM and PM, and also grain fields everywhere.

The collared dove was introduced into the Bahamas in the 1970s and spread from there to Florida by 1982. It has become invasive; the stronghold in North America is still the Gulf Coast, but it is now found as far south as Puerto Escondido and Tehuantepec in Oaxaca, as far west as California, and as far north as Alaska, Alberta, the Great Lakes, and Nova Scotia. Their relatively early presence in the Cancún area may suggest they arrived there overwater. Some of the more distantly dispersed records may refer to local escapes from captivity. It's impact on other species there is as yet unknown; it appears to occupy an ecological niche between that of the mourning dove and the rock pigeon (also an invasive species in North America).

In Arkansas (United States), the species was recorded first in 1989 and since then has grown in numbers and is now present in 42 of 75 counties in the state. It spread from the southeast corner of the state in 1997 to the northwest corner in 5 years, covering a distance of about 500 km (310 mi) at a rate of 100 km (62 mi) per year. This is more than double the rate of 45 km (28 mi) per year observed in Europe.

Doug