Originally Posted By: King Brown
Craig, where does your "timid" come into the discussion? I've used the word describing US media as generally beholden to its advertisers and almost benign with political leadership....

....Political leaders' interests certainly matter, as does media promoting dozens of agendas depending on owner interests....

....Joe Average doesn't know what's really going on. If truth be told neither do I or you....

....Political schemes are sold like soap. Say it often enough, Joe Average will believe it.

Why King, 'timid' comes from you, but you throw me a curve ball. Benign? Is that a fundamental transformation of timid. When your was happy iraqi invader, G.Dubya, was a sitting president, the media got a giggle out of images of him burning in effigy. The benign response, eh.

Why would a politicians interests matter, when you've told us they lie, and it didn't matter. Maybe the media might unbenign and 'report' on the politicians real interest and their lies, and let folks decide instead of do the spoon feeding thing.

If you or I don't really know what's going on, as an insider, why do you suppose not. What's the purpose of 'news', just advertising dollars. Then again, there're a bunch of sayings like, if it quacks like a duck or peeing down my back or smell'in like poop, that there could be some fire where the smoke is billowing out uncontrollably.

I've noticed you like to repeat some things a lot. You're not one of those trying to get folks to buy in to your 'political schemes' are you.